Friday 10 April 2009

A blog to ISUG members to inspire....

It’s my pleasure to be able to welcome you to the new ISUG member’s blogging area with my first post to the community in my role as ISUG Editor.


It was a couple of years ago when I first started tuning into what is sometimes called the ‘blogosphere’; and at that time it was not really taken seriously as a communications channel in a professional sense. Print journalists working for so-called ‘proper’ media outlets and publishing houses dismissed blogs as puerile, unprofessional and amateurish at the time.


Times have changed.


About 18 months ago, in my role as a freelance technical journalist, I got my first chance to start blogging professionally for an IT news site that is part of CBS News in the form of CNET’s ZDNet.co.uk


To say that it changed my life is no understatement. I often spend my non-connected hours thinking of great angles for stories and how I will write them.


I urge you to join the blogging community and get involved. Remember, a blog gives you great freedom in terms of expressing your opinion. As a journalist, when I write a news story I have to report the facts with no opinions of my own. Any opinions I do feature must be those of other people (industry analysts for example) and must be reported as such.


A blog is different.


You can express your own opinions in your blog. You can talk about personally experienced technology problems and share your thoughts with the ISUG community.


So please join us and start to blog along with the rest of the global ISUG network. It just might change your life too!

No comments:

Post a Comment