Wednesday 27 July 2011

My mad conversation for house purchase hell

Solicitor - you need a letter of reference

Adrian - what kind?

Solicitor - one personal and one professional

Adrian - ok, I'll get these

Solicitor - oh and one from your bank too

Adrian - OK, same kind of content?

Solicitor - oh no, much more complicated

Adrian - OK so how?

Solicitor - have your bank manager call me and then charge you for the service

Adrian - great, thanks!

Solicitor - oh and I'll need to mail you the example letter, but I'm not going to tell you that, I'm going to wait until your bank manager tells you

Adrian - oh nice, this is fun

Solicitor - when you mail me them, I'll probably cause trouble, charge you extra money and just general act like a pain in the arse OK

Adrian - yup, works for me

Solicitor - oh and I'll drop in LOADS of industry terms like "deed of covenant" and crap like that to confuse you OK?

Adrian - roger that

Solicitor - OK so all clear then?

Adrian - why didn't you tell me about these letters last week so I could have got them done before

Solicitor - it wouldn't have been HALF as much fun now would it?

Adrian - I guess not

Solicitor - got all that then?

Adrian - yes, did this set of emails also cost me money

Solicitor - let's call it 50 bucks right?

=============

1 comment:

  1. Beginning to think many solicitors the same.We have been saying for 2 months that we needed to complete by July 31st. Everything was set up a couple of weeks ago and then she forgets to ask the mortgage lender for funds so we are going to be a week out now! Luckily I thought that would happen and extended my lease. Otherwise would have been homeless! Very slow,uncommunicative (despite bio saying that she understood communication was key!) and no lateral thinking or fact checking! Arrrgggggghhhh.
    End of vent.

    ReplyDelete